Victory's History: A Timeline

1944
Victory is founded as a custom stainless steel-fabricating shop in a small garage in Philadelphia. Owners, Ray Constanti and Tony D'Angelis had worked as sheet metal craftsmen at the Philadelphia Naval Shipyard earlier during World War II. The Victory name symbolized the war outcome for which they worked.

Early 1950s
Victory begins producing refrigeration equipment for the rapidly expanding foodservice industry and moves to a small manufacturing plant along the Delaware River.

1954
Victory establishes itself as a foodservice industry leader, as business steadily grows. The company moves to a 125,000-square-foot facility in Plymouth Meeting, PA, outside of Philadelphia. Victory continues to pioneer innovative foodservice equipment, manufacturing products with features such as top-mounted "plug box" refrigeration systems, urethane foamed-in-place insulation and self-closing doors.

1963
Victory becomes a member of the North American Association of Food Equipment Manufacturers (NAFEM).

1973
McGraw-Edison purchases Victory, making it part of the M-E group of foodservice equipment companies.

1977
Victory introduces its food processing product line, including blast chillers, blast freezers, rapid-blast/rapid-chill and rapid-thaw cabinets.

1980
McGraw-Edison sells its entire foodservice equipment group, including Victory, to Bastian International Holdings (BIH).

1985
BIH sells its group of foodservice equipment companies to Hussman, a division of Whitman Corp.

1989
Victory moves into its current location, a 250,000-square-foot facility in Cherry Hill, NJ. Shortly after, Victory is acquired by The Middleby Corporation, along with the rest of the foodservice equipment group previously owned by Hussman.

1993
Victory enters the beverage display equipment industry with the development of the Model TDM-275 (a custom-built merchandiser) for Coca-Cola USA.

1994
Victory celebrates its 50th anniversary in business.

1995
Victory introduces Spec Express, a new line of specification products.

1997
Victory Refrigeration is acquired from The Middleby Corporation in a management-led buyout.

1999
Victory demonstrates its commitment to continuous, innovative design improvement by introducing a new generation of Value Line - Series 9 models. Glynwed acquires Victory Refrigeration from its management group.

2000
Glynwed announces a plan to separate its pipe system and consumer and foodservice equipment operations. Victory Refrigeration names Iain J. Whyte as its president. Victory introduces its VM Series -- three different models of glass door merchandisers.

2001
Glynwed's pipe systems operations are sold to Etex and the remaining company changes its name to the Aga Foodservice Group. Victory becomes one of the first commercial refrigeration manufacturers to earn ENERGY STAR® certifications for its products.

2002
Victory launches the foodservice industry's first "Guide to Cook-Chill," an in-depth, 25-page guide to proper applications of the critical cook-chill process.Victory introduces its new Big Top Salad/Sandwich Refrigerator product line.

2003
Victory Refrigeration announces the availability of two new product lines for 2004 - deep-well bottle coolers and modular proofers.

2006
Victory is named an ENERGY STAR Manufacturing Partner of the Year, the first foodservice equipment maker ever to receive this socially significant recognition.

2007
Victory and the entire AFE division win a second consecutive ENERGY STAR Manufacturing Partner of the Year award, another industry first. Victory introduces two new product lines: back-bar coolers and dispensers; and glass-door beverage merchandisers.

2008
Victory Refrigeration and the entire AFE division are purchased from Aga by the Ali Group.